A Complete Guide for Karzoom customers
Please note that this is only a guide to help you use the Karzoom Services and should be read in conjunction with the full Terms and Conditions available at www.karzoom.co.uk.
Step 1: Choosing a Vehicle by Rental Location
- Choose the location of where you’d like to collect your Vehicle by entering the town/postcode/city into the search box. A map of the Rental Locations closest to you will be displayed. Scroll in and out of the map to change your search area. If there are no Rental Locations in your area use the Select Pick-up Location drop-down menu.
- Use Select Pick-up Location drop-down menu to see a list of Rental Locations where you can rent a Vehicle.
- Once you have selected a Rental Location from either the map or the drop-down menu, choose a Vehicle Brand that is available from that Rental Location and then select your preferred Vehicle Class – or leave as ANY BRAND, ANY CLASS.
- Enter your rental dates (pick-up and return) and the time of your arrival and return and press SEARCH, this will take you to Step 2 (Cars) of the reservation process.
Step 1: Choosing a Vehicle by Car Brand and Class
- Select CARS from the menu list on the Karzoom Homepage.
- Scroll through the list of Vehicles available.
- Click on the Vehicle you’d most like to rent.
- Under the Vehicle description icons, the Rental Locations that can supply that Vehicle will be named. You cannot rent this Vehicle Class from any other Rental Location that is listed in the drop down menu.
- Scroll through the list of Rental Locations that provide that Vehicle Class and select one of the Rental Locations that can supply this specific Vehicle. If none of those Rental Locations are suitable, you will need to select an alternative Vehicle Class.
- Enter your trip dates/times and select BOOK NOW.
Please note that cars cannot be booked with less than 48 hours notice on the Karzoom website. This is to ensure that we can provide and prepare your Vehicle of choice in advance. The Vehicle can only be collected/returned during the Rental Location’s opening hours and Vehicles must be collected and returned to the same Rental Location.
Please note that there are strict criteria for renting a Vehicle through the Karzoom platform and Drivers will be required to confirm they meet that criteria before proceeding with their booking.
For the avoidance of doubt, the minimum age for a car rental is 23 and for anyone aged 23 or 24 inclusive, you must have had a full UK Driving Licence for at least 2 years.
Step 2: Cars (confirming your Vehicle)
- If you specified a particular Vehicle Class, that car will be shown at the top of the page along with other Vehicles that are available from that Rental Location.
- If your specified car is not available, it will allow you to share your email address with us so that we can try and provide you with a suitable alternative. Alternatively, you can select one of the many other Vehicles listed.
- All of the cars will be displayed down the page, along with a stock photo for that Vehicle Class and the rental price per day.
- Select the car you would like to rent, by selecting RENT THIS CAR.
- The reservation process will take you to Step 3 (Extras).
Step 3: Extras
- Once you select a car, you may have some options to consider before finalising your booking, including:
- The option to have a Vehicle Drop Off and Collection service (if offered by the Rental Location)
- Adding additional authorised drivers. Please note that any Additional Drivers must meet the same Driver’s Requirements as the Driver making the reservation and the Customer making the booking will be required to confirm that is the case during the reservation process.
- If you do add any Additional Drivers, you will be confirming as well that you will be confirming that they’re aware that their personal information is being supplied.
- Once happy with all your options, then proceed to Step 4 (Customer) by pressing NEXT STEP.
Step 4: Customer
- If you are a previous Customer then please sign in using your email address and password.
- If you are a new Customer then follow the steps to complete the following information:
- Name, address, DOB
- UK Driving Licence details and a photo upload of the front of the Driving Licence (photo side)
- Passport details and photo upload of your passport (photo page)
- It would be great to send you our latest news and mailing list offers, so be sure to tick the marketing confirmation box that confirms that you agree to those communications.
- If you have selected a Customer Collection and Return Service, then enter your collection address in the space provided.
- It is mandatory that you confirm that you meet the insurance requirements of our insurance partner. The Customer/Driver making the booking must confirm on their behalf and on behalf of all Additional Drivers that will be added to the rental booking that these conditions are met.
- Then proceed onto Step 5 (Confirm) by clicking NEXT STEP.
Step 5: Confirm
- This confirmation page gives you a summary of your booking so far – but don’t worry, we won’t charge you just yet.
- This page gives you the full breakdown of your Vehicle reservation, the options selected and the total price you will pay. This price is all inclusive and includes VAT. The Vehicle provided is covered by a Comprehensive Insurance policy and there are no additional charges for vehicle insurance.
- Go back and change any final details, and when you’re ready – proceed to the Step 6 (Payments) by pressing CONFIRM RESERVATION.
Step 6: Payments
- Enter your card details as requested and press PAY WITH CREDIT CARD, and the payment will be taken from your card.
- Accepted Credit Cards include:
- American Express
- Cards not accepted are:
- Or Cash
- We cannot accept prepaid, recharge or virtual credit cards – or any card on which the relevant characters are not raised
- Accepted Credit Cards include:
- Please note that on the morning of the rental day we will hold a £500 security deposit against your nominated Credit Card.
- Once the booking is complete you will receive a confirmation email from Karzoom which includes the Rental Agreement for you to read. That Rental Agreement will provide you with all the details associated with your Vehicle rental and other useful information like your booking reference. You will need this information when you collect your rental Vehicle.
- That’s it, you’re done and ready to enjoy your hire car from Karzoom!
- A booking can be cancelled in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. In summary, the refund you will receive will be dependent on when you cancel your booking as detailed below:
- Cancellations that occur more than 48 hours before the pickup date and time will be entitled to a full refund less a £10 administration fee for managing the payment and refund process and the costs we have incurred in taking your original booking.
- Cancellations that occur with less than 48 hours notice will not be entitled to a refund under any circumstance.
Amending Your Reservation
- If you want to make an amendment to your booking follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your account via the website (top right on the Homepage)
- Identify your booking from the ones in your account and press the small Pencil symbol, this will take you to the DATES page – Step 1.
- If you would like to change the dates of the booking then change them here and proceed to Step 2 (Cars) – this will tell you if the Vehicle is available for these dates. If it is, you can select that Vehicle by clicking Rent this Car. If not, you may need to change the Vehicle. Once selected, you will proceed to Step 3 (Extras).
- In Step 3 (Extras) you can add or amend Additional Drivers if you wish. Adding Additional Driver(s) will incur a small additional cost.
- If your Rental Location offers a Vehicle Collection and Return Service, this may be selected. You will be required to provide your preferred address in the required space provided. This service is limited to a 5 mile radius from the Rental Location. This service will incur additional costs.
- Any amendments that result in additional costs will need to be paid for once you have finalised all of your amendments. These changes are not accepted until that payment has been made.
- Any amendments that reduce the cost of your rental will be credited back to the credit back that you paid with. The refund will be processed by the Karzoom team. No credit will be given if this amendment is made within the 48 hours of the commencement of your Vehicle rental (see Cancellation Policy above).
- You can always ring the dealer and have a chat with them about the changes you want to make. If you need any more help, then please contact us directly via the Karzoom website and we will do what we can to help.
Picking Up The Vehicle
- When picking up the car you must bring with you the following identification:
- Your full UK Driving License
- The Credit Card you used to pay for your booking
- Your booking reference/email confirmation
- The Rental Location you are collecting your Vehicle from cannot hand over the Vehicle to you if you don’t present them with the information listed above. No refund will be given to the person who made the reservation and attempting to collect the Vehicle, if they are not able to present this identification when asked.
- Only the person who made the reservation, is named on the Driving Licence they have uploaded to the Karzoom website and is named on the Credit Card used to pay for the reservation, may collect the car.
- On the first morning of the Vehicle rental, a security deposit of £500 will be held against your Credit Card to cover any additional charges that may be incurred.
- If you’re running late, please let the dealer know and an idea of when they to expect you. Please try to be on time, but if you are more than 120 minutes late or arrive after opening hours, it may be that you will not be able to collect the Vehicle until the following working day. You cannot collect or return the Vehicle outside of the Rental Location’s opening hours.
- The Rental Location will make a note of the fuel level and you will need to return the car with the same level of fuel. If this is not possible, you will be charged for the fuel used at the standard rate specified in the Terms and Conditions.
- The Rental Location will also have taken photos of the Vehicle, to record the condition of the Vehicle prior to rental. You will have the opportunity to walk around the Vehicle with the dealer and they will talk you through any existing damage on the Vehicle.
- You will be asked to electronically sign the Rental Agreement and this will be emailed to you. That’s it – now grab the keys and enjoy your trip!
During Your Rental
- Be proactive about reporting tickets or toll charges or any other costs incurred, since these remain your responsibility. We will seek to recover these costs from you in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Be sure to report any damage or accidents. These will be recorded as part of the check in process at the end of the Vehicle Rental Period. The insurance excess is £500 and will be payable by you to the Rental Location in the event of an accident or vehicle damage. Please read the full Terms and Conditions and also your Rental Agreement as these documents provide you will all the steps you will be required to follow if such an event occurs.
- If you have a roadside incident during your trip, your Vehicle comes with basic roadside assistance to help you back on the road – the vehicle assistance phone number is on your Rental Agreement (please select the correct one based on Vehicle Brand).
- We charge for any additional and supplementary recovery services, including but not limited to, mishaps such as locked-in keys or flat batteries. Please see our Terms and Conditions.
- Your rental includes 250 free miles per day for Rental Periods of less than 7 days. For Rental Periods of 7 days or more – other mileage limits will apply; these will be detailed at the time of your booking. Please see our Excess Mileage Policy in our Terms and Conditions.
- If you need to keep the car for longer than planned you will need to contact the Karzoom Helpdesk team to see if we can extend your rental period. This will need to be confirmed with the Rental Location and any outstanding balance paid for prior to confirming your rental extension.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer any refunds for Vehicles returned early.
Returning The Vehicle
- Replace the fuel used such that you return the car with the same fuel level as when you collected the car. If this is not convenient, then don’t worry, you will just be charged for the fuel that you used in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- If there have been no issues arising that lead to additional costs then the Security Deposit held on your Credit Card will be released after the Vehicle rental period. You will however remain liable for any charges arising after your hire to the extent these arise at a later date (e.g. speeding fines, parking charges etc) in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Please return the car in a reasonably clean state, as valeting charges will be applied if the Dealer needs to undertake more than a reasonable amount of cleaning after your rental.
- Please note that in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, other charges may be charged against your Credit Card if you incur additional costs.
AFTER THE TRIP
- We really appreciate you using the Karzoom car rental service and hope that you have had a smooth and enjoyable rental experience.
- You are able to leave a review about your trip on reviews sites, or on the many social media platforms we are on, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
If at any time you’re unsure what to do or simply need help you can Contact Us, we’re happy to answer your questions.